Friday, February 12, 2010

Single Digits!

We're getting into the single digit countdown to leaving. It's like it's sneeking up on us so quickly! This weekend has forced me to deal with some of the emotional stuff with leaving for two months. My uncle came in from Atlanta to see me and saying bye to him was when it hit me. Then I had to say bye to a good friend of mine, the majority of my extend family by a 2 year-old birthday party coincidence, and family friends…rough day. I have to say bye to Kirksville this week. For some reason I’m thinking I’m leaving forever instead of just two months. I, like Courtney, haven’t slept in like over a week. I thought I was the only one who was making continuous lists in their head! I still have to pack which is a weird thing for me since I’m a day before/day of packer so this planning thing is a difficult thing.

In JINS we talked about the stages of culture shock and I think I’m going through it already…I don’t know if that’s allowed yet. I was super stoked and now I’m a little hostile, but hopefully I’ll just keeping going through it so by the time we get there I’ll love it!

So much to do, such little numbers on the countdown.

2 comments:

  1. This packing thing is driving me crazy... Also lack of sleep with the continuous lists... We're all in the same boat, but it's totally gonna be worth all this stress once we get their! Keep thinking positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting ready to make some awsome memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete