Sunday, January 17, 2010

And so it begins!

I've never blogged before so we'll see how this goes...with a little help from Kelsey :)

I feel as if I have a double weekend and I'm really liking it. We've got a lot to accomplish so we'll need these days at some point. But until then, woo! This week has gone by so fast. I love the group I'm working with and I can't wait to get started. I didn't realize how much work we were beholding and it's a bit daunting. However, I'm excited to actually do something that's real! My group got a chance to hang out this weekend and watch a Shaman movie and I think we're more prepared for what to expect now.
We have a lot to work to do to get ready and there's a lot of work for the History and JINS class, but hopefully the paper work will pay off. I love getting to know the people we'll be traveling with better through the JINS identity assignment. It was something extremely personal right out of the gate but there's no better group that I would want to know about! I still think I'm more than 10% pop culture, but numbers were not my friend in this. My clumsiness should probably be up-ed also considering I slipped on the ice outside...go figure.
I love spending time with my friends before I go but I can't wait to leave at the same time! Hopefully I'll have better stories to tell next week that include more than a trip to Walmart...

4 comments:

  1. i will miss you but you will have a blast. happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shutup Kelsey. Like your blog is so much more stimulating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee just thought I'd let you know that I will be getting all banged up with you in Panama. Even though your experiences are much more dramatic then mine. I'll just be covered in bumps, bruises, and cuts.

    ReplyDelete